Thursday, December 4, 2008

Day 7 --> Hay River, NT

Day 7 --> Hay River, NT

Well the ferry is not operating so I have extended my stay in Hay River.

Here are the details of the ferry. Have you heard the expression up the creek without a paddle, while I am in Hay River without a ferry.







Highway 3

The Merv Hardie ferry crosses the Mackenzie River at Km 24 of the Yellowknife Highway (Highway 3). It usually operates from mid-May to January.Current Status:The Merv Hardie is shut down until further notice due to low water levels.

In the absence of a map today I am posting this picture instead. Hopefully mostof you will find the humor in it.




http://www.knitting-crochet.com/crochet/images/mendiaswepic1-2.GIF






Today I watched the doors of Rideau Hall open and close for about two hours and then the Hon. Rob Nicholson told the House of Commons that this session had been prorouged. I watched the leaders speak and was trying to find out why Mr. Dion couldn't have found a better postion to give his response than in the lobby with people walking behind surely with all the members of parliment who signed his document, he could of had them form a human wall reenting peple from walking behind him while he gave his speech. He should have also told Bob Rae what he was planning to say because the Leader and Leadership hopeful werent singing from the same page.

I had a chance to go into some shops and met a few people who Ian and Michele knew. I also went to the swimming pool where I met up with Mandy Makepeace who I used to work with at Brock University pool and also for one summer at Sir Adam Beck Generating Station.

I will be going out with Lisa and Dustin tonight for some dessert at the Woodshed.

UPDATE: 18:00 Mountain Time
The Merv Hardie ferry crosses the Mackenzie River at Km 24 of the Yellowknife Highway (Highway 3). It usually operates from mid-May to January.


Current Status: The Merv Hardie has resumed operations with a load limit of 70,000 kg.

No comments: